Monday, February 11, 2013

In the Trenches...



I have been looking for a colourful trench ever since I saw this jacket on Kate Spade dot com. I thought that there must be something comparable in the fatosphere. Thankfully, I found all sorts of fun options in a host of colours to please anyone looking for some rainy weather cheer. Sadly, none are available in brick and mortar stores in Canada. NONE. The only store I could find a "trench coat" in was Penningtons and it was a shapeless anorak. "A line trench" my duff. I am pretty discouraged at the lack of fun and flattering clothes available off the rack. In my neck of the woods, we have Lucy and that is pretty well it. Especially since the number of Metro Vancouver Addition-Elle stores have gone from 11 to 3 in a month. (They are remaining quiet on just what their plan is for the label.)


     What I did find was mostly American, and entirely online. In my online trench buying experience, they tend to make trenches quite roomy, so I would advise to read the reviews carefully and perhaps size down. 

     The best thing about trenches is that they emphasize or in some cases create a waist making them a flattering garment. When the collar is left unbuttoned, they have a v neckline which makes them even more figure enhancing. Pair any of these beauties with a fun constructed bag and a vintage metal flower brooch from Etsy or Ebay and you have a cute combo for Spring!


Here is "the list" clockwise starting from the top left:


And!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover