I feel like, at this point, many of you might be thinking that I am in Ricki's back pocket. And to that I say, I wish... everything I am going on about, I bought with my own moolah, and Ricki's doesn't even know that I exist. Sadly. Sheeit, they don't even have a twitter account, I doubt they do blogger outreach!
But I digress. Back to the pants. For a long time, Torrid has been the only place that I have been able to find jeans that I really liked. And they haven't been replaced or anything (I just bought a pair of boyfriend jeans there that I am in LOVE with... come back and see me Friday, I think they will feature in my Casual Friday post... if not here, then definitely on my Tumblr). Torrid isn't being kicked off the Queen Jean Pedestal I had them on, they are just now co-rulers. Which, if this was a real kingdom, would probably result in bloodshed, but since they are figments of my imagination... well, I'm just going to drop this metaphor now, since I've already taken it WAY too far...
|How'd ya like that deep red lippy, huh? I'm spreading my wings...|
- They fit so well. Look at my ass! JUST LOOK AT IT!
- They are a perfect marriage of slim and bootcut. Not too slim, not too flared.
- They have the perfect amount of stretch. They are comfy to wear, and make me feel... contained? but not so much that they feel like I'm about to be eaten by a boa constrictor.
- They stay on. Many jeans that I have are always shifting down, and I have to hike them up every 5th step or so. Not these ones. Although, I do give them a tug when I stand up from sitting. They can't help but fall a little in the back when I sit. Which brings me to my only con: when seated, they drop in the back. We're not talking plumbers crack here, but possible whale-tale sighting (if that were my thing, which I won't say they are, or aren't)
- And all this with NO MUFFIN TOP! *mic drop
I had to wear these jeans today, just had to. But I wanted to still look less casual than casual. If I had my blazer unpacked from winter storage, I would have worn that, but since I didn't, I needed something else to dress up the jeans. I was in a mad rush this morning, so I didn't accessorize
On me: Peplum top AdditionElle (similar below); Jeans Ricki's (as per below); Blouse Old Navy (similar below); Shoes Isacc Mizrahi for Target (similar below).