Thursday, February 7, 2013

Finally, Peplum (is it dead??)

It has been said, that once a trend makes it to plus sizes, its officially dead. I'm paraphrasing, but you get the drift. That makes me very sad. Because a) I like to have trendy stuff, and b) I have been waiting to find a nice peplum shirt in plus forEVER. I finally found one over the Christmas holidays at Forever 21, and I only recently wore it. So if peplum is dead, Ima be pissed.
I have heard from some corners that the peplum trend will actually be carrying through to the Spring 2013 season, which makes me happy, so I can continue to get some use out of this shirt.
It made me feel very Chanel. I think its because of black on ivory. I probably could have worn it with some pearls to really work the look, but I didnt, because I had earrings and a bracelet that I got over the holidays as well, that I have been dying to wear.
The look is a little precious, but I think the borderline-stripper-shoes kept it from being TOO "Country Club." I love to mix very different elements together. There is a pin that I have of a black sequined jacket with distressed boyfriend jeans that I LOVE and I can't wait to recreate (although my sequin blazer is gold, rather than black).



My OOTD posts are a little harder to get lately, because, as I've mentioned, our offices have moved, and there is less opportunity for a photoshoot to take place without an audience, and I have a hard enough time not feeling like a goof in front of a single good-friend photographer.
Perhaps in the summer, I'll be able to get outside and take more.

So, to chat about the outfit: loving the top. I don't know if its the best look for me, because I am not hurtin' in the "girls" department, and I do believe the advice that v-necks look best on me. As a crew-neck  this is opposite of v-neck, ergo, its less flattering.

The pants: here's the scoop on these pants. They are not made of denim, as much as Torrid calls them "denim" pants. I'm no seamstress, but I am going to guess that they are some kind of twill, and not very heavy. I have issue with them, but it might just be me. Thing is, they stretch from the hip to thigh, but not really from the knee down. So they stay snug from knee down, and get a little baggy on the top. Which doesn't really work for me. But, it could be complicated by the fact that I have no hips to keep my pants up... maybe that's why they fall, I don't know. My point is, if you plan to buy these pants, keep in mind, they stretch.

The shoes: love 'em. Have been looking for a pair of nude shoes for a while, and when I found these for the price that they are (and shipping is only $5.95 to CANADA) I had to have them. I don't know why, but the platform didn't scare me when I saw them online. In person, they are really high. I think that they add at least 6 inches to me. Which makes me almost 6 feet tall in them.


The only thing that makes me sad, is that my heels ( and I mean the ones at the end of my legs, not referring to shoes) are very narrow, and pumps will NOT stay on my feet, so they are like flip flops. But, that is not a commentary on these shoes. EVERY PAIR of pumps I have do that.


Top: Forever21+ (not that old, but not available online anymore...boo)
Pants: Torrid
Shoes: Fredericks of Hollywood (great deal)
Bracelet: Wet Seal


3 comments:

  1. Considering they just released S/S wedding lines with peplums galore, I think you're probably okay for a while :)

    And I hear you on the narrow heels! Even the shoes that have the little catchy-thing detail inside the back of the heel don't do enough and I still have to use the padded heel grips so I'm not toppling out of my shoes. Ankle straps are our friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew! Glad to hear that peplum is here to stay for at least one more season.
      I fear that I may only be able to depend on Mary Janes for the rest of my life. What kind of heel grip do you use that works for you so well?

      Delete
    2. These look like the ones I buy: http://www.amazon.com/Unknown-Heel-Grips/dp/B005LGSCA8 They're thick enough to fill the gap in most of my heels.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover