Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Bandage Skirt

I'm going to look a little rough in these pics today. You see, Today decided it was going to mess with me.
For reasons that I don't really want to go into to deeply (my own stupidity, perhaps) I ran out of gas today, on the highway.
And it was raining, torrentially.
And then my umbrella broke.
So very many other things went wrong this morning, but you don't really come here for those kind of details, do you?
Anyway, I was very excited for this OOTD post when I left the house this morning, and less so by the time I finally got here.

This outfit is a major departure from the norm for me. You see, I haven't tucked in a shirt since... well... ever. I don't have much of a waist, and I feel like tucking shirts in doesn't really work for me that well. But with this skirt, and this top, I felt like I had to give it a try.

I don't know that it was as successful in photographs as it was in my mirror (what's with the disconnect, reflection??) but, hey, we are all a work in progress.


I am calling it my Leger skirt, because it's sort of bandagey. Remember when those dresses were all the rage? I still think its pretty unlikely that I would wear one of those myself, and that's OK, because I think they have cooled more than a little bit. However, as a pencil skirt, I am quite happy with it. I don't know if I am the only chubby girl who has a hard time finding pencil skirts that fit well, but this is the closest to that that I have found so far. 

I'm having a hard time pointing out my own flaws, like I need to acknowledge and apologise for them. But I won't, because my guiding principle is not to expose my own weaknesses. I am sure you can find them yourself. 
So, lets focus on the positive shall we? 

Anyway, I stayed away from a necklace with this ensemble, because I thought that the pussy-bow *snicker* blouse had enough going on. Didn't want too much going on. Sorry I turned into a 12-yr-old boy there... When I was describing it to a friend, I called it a "secretary" blouse, but that's a name of my own invention.

This was supposed to be my "Rachel Berry" hair, but then today happened...





Lemon yellow and grey. Still in love with that combination. Oh, its my nails that are yellow...




Platform Mary-Janes. And a close-up of the detail on the skirt.


Getting busted for being in the warehouse without steel-toe shoes.
It's a risk I'll take in the name of Fashion!
Skirt: Rickie's (similar here or here)
Tights: ?
Shoes: Fredericks of Hollywood (at least 2 years old... couldn't find comparables)


1 comment:

  1. You look fabulous! (I have that skirt, but never thought to tuck in a shirt with it. I'll have to try it. The skirt is so super comfy though. Hugs all the curves!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover