Saturday, March 30, 2013

Dead-easy Bun Tutorial

Do you like a bun?

Who doesn't right? The messy topknot was all over Pinterest. Still is, I think. And while I do think that the messy topknot might be on its way out, I think that it was well-loved for a good reason. It was damn easy to achieve. This bun is also pretty damn easy to achieve, but its also a smidge more polished.

Here's what you will need if you want to recreate this bun:

  • Two elastics (one ponytail elastic, and one little one. A clear mini one works best)
  • Two bobby pins in your hairs color.
  • Maybe a brush.

Ta-frickin-da. Its that easy.

I have long, very thick hair, so that is the only hair type that I can vouch for with this method. I suspect though, that if you have thinner hair, you could probably backcomb it a bit before you put in the second elastic band, and that will give you a bun with more volume, and it will help it "spread" better.

Hope this works out for you as well as it does for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover