Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Classic White Blouse


Inspiration (left); Interpretation (right)
Whooo weee! So long without "Pin to Post" posts, and here we have two in a row!
I told my photographer that today's shot had to be better than the last one, because the last one made me hate myself a little.

Not that it was her photo taking, all subject! Well, really, I blame the blazer. The blazer takes no responsibility for it, but it was totally her fault. Anyways, we've broken up, and she is on her way to the Diabetes foundation...

Not much to blather on about today, so I'll just present the outfit.

I'll get wordy in my next post, the one where I talk about what I do to make myself feel better when I am not loving myself too much. I might come off a little bit like a mean b*tch, because pumping myself up sometimes can involve a little schadenfraude, but, let's save that for another day...



But, to say a little about this outfit, the blouse is not a structured cotton at all, in case it wasn't clear. Its a very flowy (probably poly) blend. And a little more see-through than I anticipated, or could tell when I was getting dressed in the dark. And so static clingy! Gawd! I can't wait for Winter to be over, and for some humidity to be introduced into the atmosphere... granted, in a few months I might be whining about what said humidity is doing to my hair... At least the static cling isn't as pregnant-belly inducing as the satin shirt was. I have to say, I really like the tuck here. Its tucked in the front, so its a bit less casual looking, but odds are I would NEVER tuck it in, all the way around. Especially not with where these pants hit on my hips. I really like a full tuck on really low-slung pants, but I don't have any with that low of a rise, and I don't think it would really be a good look on me anyway. But I like it on others.
Point being, this "half-tuck" is good.

Ceasing blathering in five... four... three... two...



Welcome to the warehouse!


Accessories

Shoes!



That's my "howdy pardner" on the right...
Blouse: Old Navy, past season (this one might work)
Jeggings: Torrid
Belt: Forever21 (from a dress)
Shoes: Old Navy (past season)
Bracelet: eBay
Nail polish: Butter London "Trout Pout"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover