Sunday, January 13, 2013

I'm A Mint Paddy...

If there is one thing that I am liking from Spring "trans", (retail speak for transition collection from Winter to Spring) is mint is everywhere. And not just for surgical scrubs! It is on blouses, bags, shoes, slacks and denim. Seeing that coloured denim and I are unsure of each other, I have decided on a mint pencil skirt and matching belt. Seeing that I am Irish and wearing mint....I am a mint paddy!

      I found the skirt in the clearance section of JC Penney. I know! Clearance and lower end department stores! What is going on! I secretly love JC Penney. They have a collaboration with Mango (cute Euro chain with great clothes) and Sephora. However, the Mango collection only goes up to a size 14, and I am not there right now. 

     So, I happily shop in the plus department. I also found the polka dot top in the clearance section, too. The belt is from a dress I bought at JC Penney of all places. I love this sweater. It is from Banana Republic and is of cozy Merino Wool. For ages, I thought I was allergic to all wools. Turns out it is just cheap wool that causes reactions! What a gift! 

     My fuchsia quilted bag is Kate Spade from Nordstrom. The shoes are Cole Haan nude flats and are also compliments of Nordstrom while the earrings are J Crew. The next time you find yourself running for the border, make sure you pop into JC Penney. You will be amazed at the great stuff you will find! Moreover, take a peek at Nordy's! They have a great plus section and their shoe floor is killer!









 
      You may be wondering what I am doing in the dead of winter wearing a knee length skirt and no jacket. Well, I might be a bit chilly, but the secret is shaving one's legs on week on and one week
off. Or two. Or three! Have a great razor free week!

2 comments:

  1. I love your fabulous style. i wish i had an ounce of your fashion sense. love you to the moon and back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, mint is used primarily for hospital scrubs. Way to bring some class back to that fresh colour- perfect mix with the nude shoes, polka dots and fuchsia bag! Personally I really love that colour. Great styling Liz!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover