Sunday, December 16, 2012

Pretty in Pink

     Dearest Readers, I found this outfit to be really fun to put together and it genuinely came from all over North America, nay, the world! I bought the dress at Old Navy in Burnaby, the cardigan at the Banana Republic flagship store in San Francisco, the necklace at Bookman's in Tucson, the shoes at Nordstrom in Seattle and the bracelet at Hermes in Vancouver. And it all was made in the same country, China! (Apart from the Hermes, which at that price, ought to damn well be made in France.)

     I found the dress while trying to shop for other people, but inevitably, I ended up picking up something for myself. At $ 12.00 CDN including tax, why the heck not! It is an Old Navy pink sheath dress made from 100% of the finest polyester $ 12.00 can buy. It is a relaxed fit  with a zippered back and 3/4 length sleeves. It is a bit stretchy and comfortable to wear. It it hits me well above the knee making it one of the shorter dresses that I own. Bend your knees when picking things up with this dress! (Or everyone will see your hoo-ha.) It is still in stores and damned cheap!


     My shoes are Tom's black suede "desert wedges."I am not quite sure why they are called desert wedges, or why desert boots deserve a similar title. Are they really that effective as desert footwear? I personally have walked in the desert and I would think that wedges are the last thing I would want to be tripping over cacti and sagebrush with. 

     My "blazer" is a thick cardigan compliments of Banana Republic. Contrary to popular fattie belief, they have generous sizing and coming in at an 18/20, I can fit many of their knit shirts and sweaters. Check them out. The cardigan is no longer available, as it was early fall 2012, but something similar can be found on their site.

     The accessories run the gambit from high end to low low low end. I bought the necklace from a used bookstore in Arizona. It was $ 7.00 USD. The bracelet was a fabulous 30th birthday gift from my husband. I have no idea how much it cost, but seeing that it is Hermes and enamel and platinum, it was over $ 7.00. 




    
 There you have it! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Watch Homeland! Wooot!

1 comment:

  1. I'm really digging the booties and the blazer. Obviously the bright pink dress and pearls bring it all together and make it cute but with a little edge.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover