Monday, October 21, 2013

The Most Perfect Pants Ever

I think I'm in love. With an inanimate object. With these pants...
I am not sure if you've noticed -- even though you are undoubtedly longtime readers of this blog-- that if I've not been wearing a skirt or dress, I've been wearing jeans. Specifically, skinny jeans. Which is fine and all, but I feel like a proper wardrobe requires the inclusion of a pair of pants. Except that I can NEVER find a pair of pants that looks any good on me. They are always saggy in the butt, or too tight across the waist, or gappy in the back, or sloppy on the hips/thighs. Just, in general, not the look I would EVER be going for. Enter, Ricki's. Seriously. Ricki's and I are in the grip of a torrid love affair. I've never felt this way before... about a pair of pants. They are fitted enough to look tailored, but not so tight that they look like jeggings. They have plenty of give in them (I would guess that they are made of heavy ponte, or something like that) and they are cut like jeans, which makes them the best of both worlds. Slant pockets always gap on me, and look like shit. Have I waxed lovingly enough about these pants? I wonder if they come in grey...
Onto the blouse. Here's once instance when marketing worked like a charm. I saw their "10 items 10 ways" poster in the changeroom, and this shirt looked so effortlessly classy on the model that I decided I had to have it, so I could be effortlessly classy too. I also like how its not tucked, but still looks nice. And, it will also look awesome under a blazer or cardi. Love the pattern, and the little touch of gold in the print. Just realise this means I can't wear silver jewelry with it, but fortunately, today, I wore all black jewelry. Oh, and the shoes... I have a LOT of shoes, but no black pumps at a mid height with no platform. These are just awesome.  Pointy toe, atypical strappy stuff going on. Love 'em too...


On me: Blouse Rickis (as per below); Pants Ricki's (as per below); Shoes Charlotte Russe (as per below).
Most Perfect Pants Ever


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover