Monday, July 29, 2013

Skirting the Comfort Zone

Or should I say jumpsuiting the comfort zone? I have a love/hate relationship with this... what IS this called? Jumpsuit? Romper? I don't know. All I know is, I tried it on COMPLETELY on a whim this one time when I was in Forever21+ about a year or so ago, and to my surprise... I liked how it looked on me. And I was drawn to it because it was a jumpsuit. A frickin' JUMPSUIT. I didn't have anything like that... no one I knew (skinnybitch or ample-bodied) had anything like that.
Now, I don't pretend to be a nonconformist, or that I am way out there fashion forward, but this, this I felt was something I needed to have for some reason.
And so I bought it, I have worn it, a few times. And then one time I hate it, and then one time I love it.
I was actually told my the receptionist where I work as I passed "Well THAT's an interesting outfit for work!" I wasn't fazed by her comment, but it did impress upon me that this little number might be a smidge out of the ordinary. I mean, head to toe blood-red jersey?
But, since I do vacillate, and love it at times, I think I'll keep it. I think jumpsuits are still relevant. Who knows, maybe I'll even buy another one...

1 comment:

  1. I feel the exact same way! I just bought a jumpsuit from Simply Be this month and loved how chic and effortless it was, but jumpsuits are just weird. I wrote a blog post on it this week! http://erinslittlebigcorner.blogspot.com/2013/08/four-elements-challenge-water.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover